Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ahhh, another one of those great little moments! I'm working on this post and Matilda is softly swishing in the background, happily washing the dishes in her new home. I love it when you hook everything up and things work the way they're supposed to the first time. We finally figured out where poor Matilda was damaged. The threads were stripped on the screw used to level the front of the dishwasher. All she needed was a wooden leg! My hero of a husband quickly measured, cut a block of wood to fit under the leg and PRESTO, she was all better! Thank you Dear!

Another one of my thousand little moments for the day was when we were driving in town today. (No, we're not in town every day, it just seems like it!) Joelle had heard us speak of the escapades of her sleep-walking sister over breakfast this morning. She must have been mulling this over for a while because about two hours later, she looks over at the afore mentioned sister and says "You must be EXHAUSTED", and then goes on to explain "that means really, really tired." Good grief! Do other 3 year olds talk this way?


Lord, I can't even begin to express how much I need you, each moment of each and every day. Thank you for loving me, when I'm lovable as well as when I'm not. Lord, please wrap your arms around my children and hold them close to your heart. May they never cease listening for the heartbeat of their Heavenly Father.

"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12

2 comments:

Davene said...

Do you name all of your household appliances? ;)

Emily Joy said...

Matilda is amazing! Thanks mom and dad!