Sunday, July 27, 2008

The hardest part

The hardest part is over. You see, I've been thinking about this blog for months now. Thinking about it, planning what I'd like to talk about, hoping the Lord could use my humble musings.... but nothing ever happened. Why? Because I couldn't do what was, for me, the hardest part.

Come up with a name.

Will I stick with this one? Who knows... for now I like it. It makes me pause and reflect. What will I do with the thousands of little moments I'm given each day? Will my choices bring glory to the Lord? Will they bring joy and laughter to my family? Will I recognize that each moment, each breath, is a gift from the Creator of the universe? Or will my choices show just how self-centered I can be?

Lord, help me remember that each moment is a gift from you. Help me to turn my thousands of little moments into a life worthy of wearing your name.

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

2 comments:

Davene said...

This is fantastic!!!!!! I'm THRILLED that you started this!

And for what it's worth, my opinion is that this blog title is perfect...wish I'd thought of it myself. ;) If you decide to change it someday, I promise to still read your blog! But I really do like it. :)

I can hardly wait to read more!!!

Emily Joy said...

I like your blog title too mum!
I think you're the best, and of course I love you lots!
Thanks for helping ME set up my blog!
Love,
Emily