Sunday, November 2, 2008

I have succombed...

Well, it's finally happened... I have a facebook. Kate decided I needed one today so she set up an account for me. It's been very interesting finding classmates from 20 years ago, friends that I've lost touch with. I can see how it could become a great time-waster.
I told myself that once the garden was done I would begin blogging. Well, the garden is empty, the canning shelves and freezer are full, and I have no more excuses. We'll see if I can do a better job of keeping up with this.
What I'd really like to do is use this space to keep up with what I've been studying in Scripture. Right now I'm in the book of Colossians. It's so easy to just read over a passage, letting my mind wander (wonder?) the whole time, get to the end and be no better enlightened than I was when I began. But, lately, it seems like Colossians has me by the throat. I'm not nearly as grammatically minded as my eldest, however, I've been struck by all the "God/verb" combinations. It's truly amazing what the Lord has done for us. He rescued, brought, created, is, reconciled, has chosen, gave, raised, made you alive, forgave, canceled, nailed, disarmed, triumphed... on and on it goes.

Oops... need to go, two kids calling for mom.

1 comments:

Emily Joy said...

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!
You've written again! I'm sorry if i've kept you from doing this :( I'd get a facebook, but I'm not old enough you know :( I love you Mom!