Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What I've been sewing

I receive a deep sense of satisfaction when I see a line full of clean clothes gently blowing in the breeze. Part of that comes from the knowledge that the electric meter isn't spinning while they are drying. This fall my clothespin bag bit the dust. The poor thing had a tendency to get left out on the line in the beating sun and it finally dry rotted. Time to come up with a better option. I had some fabric (that I absolutely love) left over from another project and decided to put it to good use. This apron is simply one big pocket with the clothespins in the middle. It isn't very deep, so I have no problem reaching the ones in the bottom, and since it is worn, not hung like a bag, it doesn't get left outside. It must be the little things in life that make me happy.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hooray! You've posted today! Hey, that rhymes... I really like that idea! Keep up the good project posting :)

~Emily Joy

Emily Joy said...

Oops, that was me who posted that comment! Sorry!

Unknown said...

oh good, you're still alive.

i wasn't quite sure there for a while.....

:-) Love you.

your favorite daughter

Davene said...

It's the little things in life that make me happy, too...like seeing a new post on your blog :) and, even better, spending time with you in person. THANKS again for yesterday!